Design Musings

Random and not-so-random thoughts on interaction design, usability, photography, writing, and any other design-oriented topics that come to mind. Maybe even architecture, as I'm learning about that from my SO.       – Elizabeth Buie

22 January 2007

Paper on integrating HCI engineering and software engineering

About ten years ago I coauthored a paper called "Integrating HCI Engineering and Software Engineering: A Call to a Larger Vision", which I presented at the HCI '97 conference in San Francisco. My coauthor and I discussed a problem that was then plaguing the HCI community — namely, its relationship with software engineering and how to integrate the two. We encouraged both disciplines to take a larger view, and we presented system engineering as a structure for achieving such an integration.

This problem still arises in the interaction design community, underscoring the paper's continued validity, so I have posted it in my webspace. You'll find it at "Integrating HCI Engineering and Software Engineering: A Call to a Larger Vision".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home