Design Musings

Random and not-so-random thoughts on interaction design, usability, photography, writing, and any other design-oriented topics that come to mind. Maybe even architecture, as I'm learning about that from my SO.       – Elizabeth Buie

06 October 2006

Some thoughts about Treo and PalmOS

I recently bought a used Treo 600. I had done some investigation and had learned that the PalmOS has fared better in usability tests than the Windows Mobile OS (no surprise there!), so I chose one with Palm. I didn't want to spend $400 on something that I wasn't sure I was going to go with in the long term, so I bought a used one on eBay. Its screen has a couple of light-ish areas on it, but I can read it and for $89 it was a good compromise. I still have to take it to Verizon Wireless to have them make it my cell phone, but I plan to do that tomorrow. (I don't much like the feel of it for a cell phone, but I don't want to carry around two devices.)

I'll have more to say as I become more familiar with using it, and especially as I use it for my phone. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home