Design Musings

Random and not-so-random thoughts on interaction design, usability, photography, writing, and any other design-oriented topics that come to mind. Maybe even architecture, as I'm learning about that from my SO.       – Elizabeth Buie

16 April 2006

What I learned about art shows two days later

If the art is good, people like it anyhow. Even if the differently colored mats make the show as a whole less coherent.

After church this morning, several people raved about my work and asked me how I did the digital manipulation. (All of my images but one are manipulated in some way, using a combination of Photoshop filters and layers, with transparency and blending mode set to get the look I wanted.) One woman ordered a larger print of one of my images.

This does not invalidate what I learned on Friday, of course... but it helps to put it into perspective.

Here's the notice about the show. (The image in the lower right is mine.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home